[Events] Columbia OSCTC mentors for Saturday, Oct 19th

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 04:41:29 UTC 2013

Hi Vanessa,

The text is below.  Thanks so much for doing this!

- Shauna

TEXT:

OpenHatch is looking for mentors for two "Open Source Comes to Campus"
events in the New York area.  The first, at Columbia University, will run
from 10am to 5pm on Saturday October 19th (http://columbia.openhatch.org/).
 The second, at Rutgers in Piscataway, NJ will run from 12:00pm-5:30pm on
Monday, October 21st (http://rutgers.openhatch.org/).  Mentors should be
friendly, approachable people who are familiar with free software,
including tools like IRC, issue trackers, and version control (although you
don't need to be an expert with all of them).

Responsibilities will mostly include answering attendees' questions and
troubleshooting problems.  If you're interested, mentors can lead a small
group during a git tutorial, be on our career panel, or help guide
contributions to projects they maintain or are familiar with.

If you're interested in helping, for either day (or both!) you can get in
touch with shaunagm at gmail.com.  If you don't think you want to be a mentor,
but you'd like to attend and you're a student, you can sign up on the
websites linked above (both events are open to students from area schools.)