[Events] Columbia OSCTC mentors for Saturday, Oct 19th

Vanessa Hurst vanessa at developersforgood.org
Mon Oct 7 17:43:35 UTC 2013

Shauna,
The standard mentor text would be great, and a link to details for the Oct.
19 event if possible? We'll put in the Devs for Good newsletter to go out
this Wednesday and promote on Twitter (once we have the content ready I'll
cc projects at developersforgood.org to make sure that happens).

There's also a Black Girls Code session happening the same day in NYC! So.
Much. Awesome.

Pumped,

Vanessa

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Vanessa!  That would be amazing.  Do you need any extra info to
> pass along?  We have some standard text that we use to explain what Open
> Source Comes to Campus is and what we look for in mentors.
>
> - Shauna
>

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Vanessa Hurst <
> vanessa at developersforgood.org> wrote:
>
>> Deb - Sweet!
>>
>> I'm happy to send this out to Developers for Good, a 900+ person network
>> interested in giving back, if you'd like.
>>
>> Also happy to recommend & make intros to individuals in NYC!
>>
>> Best,
>> Vanessa
>> On Oct 2, 2013 1:43 PM, "Deb Nicholson" <deb at eximiousproductions.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I would ask Karen Sandler, karen at gnome.org for suggestions. I believe
>>> the free culture list has a bunch of NY folks so asking for
>>> helpers/suggestions there could be helpful too.
>>>
>>> I'll try and do a few intros later to other NYC people that may be able
>>> to pitch in.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Deb

>>> University.  I don't know too many techy people in NYC so I need help
>>> coming up with a list of people to ask mentor.  (Sumana, I'd ask you but I
>>> know you're at GSoC.)

Vanessa Hurst
vanessahurst.com
Improve your coding skills and the world with
CodeMontage<http://codemontage.com/>
Learning to code? Get started now at Code.org <http://code.org/learn>
What most schools don't teach <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIu9yen5nc>