[Events] Strategies for getting information from venue hosts

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sat Nov 23 23:10:33 UTC 2013

Having information at the last minute is okay for a limited set of things,
not all of which make an event good. I'd like to know more in advance so
that we can make things work better for attendees.

For example, we've been handed meeting spaces without adequate seating and
in older buildings. If the only place we can find is not accessible, then
we don't want to give people the impression they can attend and expect
basic amenities like seating or rest-room facilities. That's not something
I want them to find out about when they show up at the door. To be honest,
I'd like to be able to turn down an event host if they can't provide basic
amenities or some reasonable accommodations. I feel our group could be
doing a better job about things like this.

sheila