[Events] Strategies for getting information from venue hosts

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Thu Nov 21 19:47:03 UTC 2013

One of the problems I have:

Monday morning I send an email asking:

"You said you have a PA system.  Does it have an output I can use to
record?  I have the adapters and cables, but sometimes the equipment
is locked in a closet so I can't get to it."

Tuesday morning, I don't have a reply.  I consider bugging them, but
don't really know what to say, so instead of figuring that  I decide
to wait a day in hopes they get back to me.  repeat this every day for
a week or two.

This happens for all sorts of questions, so I doubt the problem is my
question but my reluctance to bug them.