[Events] Making a "Test-it" event happen

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Apr 26 22:09:36 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Chris McMahon's message of Thu Apr 26 11:27:54 -0400 2012:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>
> > I think this would be great. Chris, would you be interested in that?
> >

> I would!
>
> Asheesh, I agree with your last paragraph about retention and "dedicated
> event times".   My ultimate goal for Wikipedia/Mediawiki is to have in
> place something like Mozilla's "test days"
> https://quality.mozilla.org/category/events/month
>
> But before that happens, I want to create some good publicity, some "buzz"
> among both professional software testers and also in FOSS that Wikipedia is
> a cool place to contribute public test effort.
>
> As Sumanah mentioned, I have this collaboration planned for May 5 with
> Weekend Testing.  However, I am aware of another significant project at WMF
> coming up in early June, would you like to explore the possibility of an
> OpenHatch/WMF testing collaboration in early June?   I can provide guidance
> and focus on what is to be tested, and probably expose some testers to
> OpenHatch, if you think OpenHatch contributors would like to help WMF test
> a new and important feature.

That's awesome. For now, maybe the best thing we can do rather than
co-brand is to just make sure that we publicize your upcoming May event
on the OpenHatch places -- the mailing list for campus event attendees,
and our Twitter and Identi.ca and blog feeds.

Keep us posted on this list with info, and I'll make sure it gets passed
along to those channels!