[Events] Making a "Test-it" event happen

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 26 15:27:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> I think this would be great. Chris, would you be interested in that?

I would!

Asheesh, I agree with your last paragraph about retention and "dedicated
event times".   My ultimate goal for Wikipedia/Mediawiki is to have in
place something like Mozilla's "test days"
https://quality.mozilla.org/category/events/month

But before that happens, I want to create some good publicity, some "buzz"
among both professional software testers and also in FOSS that Wikipedia is
a cool place to contribute public test effort.

As Sumanah mentioned, I have this collaboration planned for May 5 with
Weekend Testing.  However, I am aware of another significant project at WMF
coming up in early June, would you like to explore the possibility of an
OpenHatch/WMF testing collaboration in early June?   I can provide guidance
and focus on what is to be tested, and probably expose some testers to
OpenHatch, if you think OpenHatch contributors would like to help WMF test
a new and important feature.

Let me know what you think...
-Chris