[Events] Boston Python Workshop news: $3300 grant from the PSF!

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:55:19 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I am thrilled to report that the Boston Python Workshop just got a grant
approved by the Python Software Foundation's Outreach and Education
Committee for $3300 to support and grow the workshop over the next 6 to 8
months.

You can read the grant proposal here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/outreach-and-education/2011-October/000099.html

The grant is for 3 Boston Python Workshops and for workshop clones in 3 new
cities.

We have a lot of next steps, including:
- writing a blog post for http://pyfound.blogspot.com/
- refining http://bostonpythonworkshop.com/
- reaching out to cities that are a good fit for running clones with
assistance through our grant. If you know folks in cities who would benefit
from this, have them get in touch with us!

Tell your friends and social media: the Boston Python Workshop is hitting
the road!

-Jessica