[Events] Unanswered questions about Railsbridge

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Feb 15 22:29:02 UTC 2011

Thanks to all who came to the meeting today. It was super productive! I'm
looking forward to the minutes that jesstess will mail to the list.

We had some as-yet unanswered questions about RailsBridge -- Karen, I
thought maybe you could answer these, or if not, say so!

(This is what it looks like when I try to black-box reverse-engineer
RailsBridge.)

1. What is the schedule like, precisely?

This what the website says. Is it accurate? What were session 1/2/3/4 for
you? Which ones specifically had "lecture"? Which ones were mostly you
hacking?

      9:30 registration coffee/tea

      10am-10:20 large group presentation: why we're doing this workshop,
why are you doing this workshop? (people raise hands), highlights of women
in computing, what  participants can expect from the workshop (do we want
anything of them  after they leave?)

      10:30-11:20 session 1

      11:30-12:20 session 2

      12:30-1:30 lunch

      1:30-2:20 session 3

      2:30-3:20 session 4

      3:30-4pm large group wrap up

2. Do people really come to RailsBridge never having programmed before,
and leave with a deployed Rails app?

There was some incredulity. So maybe you can answer this. Admittedly you
had some programming experience, but maybe you talked with other people
who didn't.

Must I hold a candle to my shames?
 		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"