[Events] hello and introduction

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Feb 10 17:11:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, shaunalynn duffy wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to drop you all a note to let you know I am now listening
> to your list messages and to introduce myself.  Asheesh talked with me a
> week or two ago about the python/django workshops that you are planning
> and asked if I would be interested in being involved in some way.  I
> think I will be out of town for the first workshop (if it is still
> scheduled for the first weekend in March) but am excited about working
> with you guys in the future: in helping to plan/design the workshops,
> co-teaching the sessions, being an additional set of hands during the
> "set-up-your-laptops" pre-workshop she-bang (ha!), any and all of these.

Hi! Sorry that you won't be there. Will you be around Friday night, Mar 4?
That's the laptop setup night.

As far as I'm concerned, you're quite welcome to come to the planning
sessions, too! I think it makes sense for final decision-making to be
handled by whoever is the group of people that will have to live with the
decisions (i.e., who will be there on Saturday), but please don't take
that to mean we're not interested in input; I know you're interested in
teaching and I'm quite interested in getting your thoughts.

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
 		-- Mark Twain