[Events] hello and introduction

shaunalynn duffy shaunalynn at thesprouts.org
Mon Feb 7 16:42:30 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop you all a note to let you know I am now listening to
your list messages and to introduce myself.  Asheesh talked with me a week
or two ago about the python/django workshops that you are planning and asked
if I would be interested in being involved in some way.  I think I will be
out of town for the first workshop (if it is still scheduled for the first
weekend in March) but am excited about working with you guys in the future:
in helping to plan/design the workshops, co-teaching the sessions, being an
additional set of hands during the "set-up-your-laptops" pre-workshop
she-bang (ha!), any and all of these.

To give you a brief sense for my background...  I have more experience
programming in python than doing web programming with python, but I have
done some work with Django and am excited to learn/relearn enough to make
myself useful to new people in that regard.  I have been teaching in a bunch
of different contexts (ranging from in-schools to after-school to adult-ed
style courses for 5 or 6 years, mainly in topics related to math and
programming) and--most recently, have been working on sprout <thesprouts.org>,
a science-education non-profit near Davis in Somerville.

I'm excited to hear more about the project and get involved.

looking forward,
-shaunalynn