[OH-Dev] Issue seen when setting up the database

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Mon Sep 8 13:27:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your question.

OpenHatch has been upgrading its Django version recently. I believe the
currently supported version is Django 1.5.8.

The two deprecation warnings are a known issue with the code and will be
addressed in the ongoing Django update.

As for the AttributeError, would you mind filing an issue on our issue
tracker (https://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/issues) with a
snapshot of the detailed error message that is output to the screen?

We're happy to assist you in getting OpenHatch set up on your
development system. There are usually a number of helpful folks on IRC
(Freenode #openhatch) willing to assist with questions.

Thanks,
Carol

On 08/09/2014 01:05, moses dsouza wrote:
> Hi
>
> While running the comment "python manage.py syncdb --migrate
> --noinput", I get the below error
>
> /home/moses/git/oh-mainline/vendor/packages/Django/django/utils/hashcompat.py:9:
> DeprecationWarning: django.utils.hashcompat is deprecated; use hashlib
> instead
>   DeprecationWarning)
>
> /home/moses/git/oh-mainline/vendor/packages/Django/django/conf/urls/defaults.py:3:
> DeprecationWarning: django.conf.urls.defaults is deprecated; use
> django.conf.urls instead
>   DeprecationWarning)
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'packs'
>
> I am running Django 1.7  on Python 2.7 in a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS VM.
>
> Is this an issue with the code or am I missing something ?
>
> Thanks

*Carol Willing*
Developer | Willing Consulting
+1 760 456 9366 | https://willingconsulting.com