[OH-Dev] Brainstorming on Enhancements to OH Home Page

Britta Gustafson brittag at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 03:43:08 UTC 2014

Thanks Carol for organizing these notes!

I've attached the latest version of my mockup, which tries to better
represent OpenHatch's current major projects. It replaces the small "attend
events" box with a shiny list of links to outreach event projects. Since
https://openhatch.org/events/ won't be linked from the homepage anymore,
the leftover information about the Boston Python Workshop and Build It can
be integrated into the Affiliated Events wiki page (which would be linked
from the homepage in this design).

The white space and styling aren't quite right, since that's easier to do
properly in HTML/CSS than in a mockup. Also, the wording is definitely up
for review - does anyone have suggestions for better wording, especially
for the new parts?

Let's figure out if anyone objects to this design, and then somebody should
implement it!

I didn't change much about the lower blue boxes - I just added the Twitter
widget (with the wrong font, I know). We could easily skip implementing the
Twitter widget for this phase of changes. For the next phase, I'll try to
more generally rethink the lower blue boxes + footer to better represent
OpenHatch community/communications.

Britta