[OH-Dev] Bug844

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Wed Jan 8 16:45:06 UTC 2014

Hi Aaron,

I'm Carol (on IRC: willingc). I am another volunteer developer for
OpenHatch, and I wanted to thank you and send my greetings.

I will defer to Asheesh and others on specific answers to your
questions, but I wanted to say hi and let you know that I also work on
Mac OSX as well as Linux. I look forward to sharing ideas and helping
out as I am able.

Here are some thoughts (in-line):

> On 1/7/14, 4:17 PM, aaron.chock wrote:To whom it may concern:
> So I have installed my local environment for openhatch.
Great!
> I do a git branch and I am in masters. Is there a development branch I
> can get to instead of using the masters?
If I'm reading this correctly, I think you are asking how to create a
new branch within git. Here are a couple of links that may help:

http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting_started/handling_patches.html
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html#_managing_branches

The first link will take you to the OpenHatch documentation on patches
(which I think you already found). This document states " In git, you
can achieve this by developing on a branch
<http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html#_managing_branches>".

To create a new branch to use for your development related to Bug844,
you can create a new branch by typing on the command line:
git branch newbranchname

Please ask again if this isn't clear or you have additional questions.
> But in this case this is a how to install Xcode. I have already done
> some screenshots of the step by step.
Great!
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Do you guys just want it via commands on cli?
> 2) Where do I see or how do I know where to insert this info?
> 3) Who should I talk to?
Asheesh and others: Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Carol