[OH-Dev] Writing custom bugparser for Python roundup [oh-bugimporters]

Saimadhav Heblikar saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:54:59 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Before anything, let me introduce myself - I am Saimadhav Heblikar, a
student of Computer Science at PES University, Bangalore. I also
contribute to the python's IDLE IDE. I eagerly look forward to
contributing to OpenHatch.

Coming to the point, I have taken a look at the following
oh-bugimporter issue related to adding a custom bug parser for the
custom Python.org Roundup tracker. [1]

I am not quite sure what is expected from this issue: Is it

a) required to write/modify an existing bugparser to mark as
"looks_closed" if it contains the "patch" keyword.
or
b) refactor "old-style "bugtrackers"" code to "new-tracker"
code?(verbatim taken from github issue)
I am new to this codebase and any pointer to the above terms would be helpful.

In case it is "a", here is what I want to do:
Write a failing test case and send a pull request for the same.
Once it is confirmed that the test case tests whats missing, I will
send in another pull request with the new parser code.

[1] - https://github.com/openhatch/oh-bugimporters/issues/102

--
Regards
Saimadhav Heblikar