[OH-Dev] October release meeting

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Oct 8 17:05:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Abhishek Kulkarni wrote:

> Guys please help me in cracking the code for the task mentioned
> below....
>
> Lalu owns a shop that sells weighing scales and weights. All the scales
> in his shop weigh the same – ten kilograms. They are of high quality and
> are well calibrated such that when equal weights are placed on both
> sides, they balance correctly. During his free time, Lalu imagines a
> grand tower made of many scales placed on one another as well as weights
> placed on some of them.  He imagines the challenge it would pose to
> balance the entire tower! Your aim is to write a program to help Lalu
> balance any tower configuration by adding minimum weights on some
> scales.  The balancing is always done by adding additional weights on
> lower scales and not by adding additional scales.

Hi Abhishek,

This is off topic for our email list, which is about working together on
web and other tech tools to help newcomers join open source software
projects.

I hope you can contribute in an on-topic way in the future.

If you're looking for general programming help, I suggest finding an
in-person programming group. If you're looking for help with homework,
talk to the teaching assistants who are part of the group providing you
the course.

Good luck! But do try to keep these emails off the mailing list.