[OH-Dev] Requesting CSS help with floats

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jun 19 23:20:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone would be willing to look at something where I'm
trying to express a design idea in CSS and not getting it right.

(Pam and Berry, you two seemed to express interest in CSS, while at the
PyCon sprint!)

In particular, I have been wanting to add a long, multiple-column footer
to the site. I've seen it on sites like Heroku.com, and I really like it.

For more info, see
http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/devel/2012-June/002901.html -- look
for the "All pages: footer should be long and useful" section heading.

I created a branch on Github here:
https://github.com/paulproteus/oh-mainline/tree/feature/long_trailing_footer

You can see it in action here online:
http://better-frobulator.herokuapp.com/