[OH-Dev] [issue797] Getting Started doc suggests that weekly meetings occur

nickdirienzo bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Dec 14 07:43:16 UTC 2012

New submission from nickdirienzo <nvdirienzo at gmail.com>:

On the Getting Started doc under Next Steps > Get In Touch, it suggests that
weekly development meetings still occur. However, paulproteus suggested on IRC
that the docs should be adjusted to reflect that these meetings rarely happen.

My thought is to change "We have weekly meetings, typically on Saturdays at 4pm
EST (-5 UTC)." to "If we are to have a development meeting on IRC, it will be
announced on the Devel mailing list beforehand." Thoughts? Or is it best to just
remove the statement entirely?

Also, the wiki should be updated to reflect what is in the docs (this is
probably a separate bug to be issued though, since there is a lot of things to
be fixed there).

assignedto: nickdirienzo
messages: 3532
nosy: nickdirienzo, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: chatting
title: Getting Started doc suggests that weekly meetings occur