[OH-Dev] East bay OpenHatch sprint -- let's learn backbone.js!

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 24 00:39:22 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Karen Rustad's message of Thu Aug 23 19:59:20 -0400 2012:
> OpenHatch's javascript code could use a lot of cleanup. Asheesh (and I)
> think that using a framework like Backbone is likely to help. So let's have
> a sprint to start that! Other OpenHatch improvements also welcome,
> especially front-end-y stuff.
>
> Sunday, August 26, 12 - 6:30 PM. For now let's plan on holding it in my
> living room (3843 Howe St #7, Oakland). I don't expect this to be a very
> big sprint--if it turns out to be larger, I'll choose a different venue.
> Plz RSVP!

I mis-read the time at first, so as clarification:

Noon on Sunday, August 26. (Until 6:30 PM)

We've seen some serious bugs in the profile editor recently, and I think
most of those bugs can be fixed by basically deleting most of the code,
and replacing it -- replacing the JavaScript parts with Backbone.js, and
the Python parts with some straightforward Python API library like
tastypie.

I bookmarked some pages that I'll be reviewing at the sprint; feel free
to get a headstart:
http://bookmarks.makesad.us/insipid.cgi?tag=django+backbone

I'll be there!

Hoping to see others!