[Devel] Android app for working with OpenHatch

Mark Freeman mark at timewasted.net
Mon May 23 13:12:46 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone.  I wanted to see what you all think about
something.  My day job is as a Java developer.  One of the few perks
is that I get to do some Android development for our Enterprise
application, letting users view data through a REST service.  I'm VERY
interested in working on an Android app that would allow people to
interact with OH through their mobile device.  My thoughts were that
it would mimic much of the functionality of the site, viewing
suggested bugs, the I want to help button, viewing the profile, etc.
Hypothetically, the server side stuff should be just a view pushing
out data returned from methods that already exist.

I could totally use the practice on Android and I really think it
would be a cool feature.  I have a thick skin if everyone thinks this
bad idea. Thoughts?

Mark