[Devel] Re-doing our dependency download system so it pulls most things in from linode.openhatch.org

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Mar 28 01:26:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> So what I'm planning is:
>
> * Keep using buildout
>
> * Reconfigure it to search http://linode.openhatch.org/~paulproteus/ for
> tarballs, rather than searching the Python Package Index ("PyPI")
>
> * If people need to add dependencies that are not there, you will have
> to add explicit download URLs to setup.py so that the tool system can
> find the tarball you need
>
> I'd be interested to hear what other people think of this plan. I'm
> putting it together now; in general I'm open to feedback on it!

Done! Thanks to Paul for testing.

I marked https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue350 as resolved, but I just did a
fresh test, and it is *now* (as of 4 minutes ago) totally resolved.

So: if you've had problems getting ./bin/buildout to succeed, now is your
chance: please retry!

(Vivek, I'm looking at you.)

(-:,

You will be the last person to buy a Chrysler.