[Devel] Testing out the mission "Using diff and patch"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Jul 17 14:28:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011, M. Page-Lieberman wrote:

> Asheesh,
>
> *) I wasn't able to recreate the bug I encountered in diffsingle when
> redoing the mission on the openhatch.org server. I'm going to try recreating
> it with a pristine local environment (clone).

I hope you can reproduce it locally....

> "Crasher bug in the diffsingle training mission"
> https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue484
>
> *) http://openhatch.org/missions/diffpatch/diffrecursive/submit gives an
> error if users rename the filenames of Aubergine to Eggplant
>
> Patchfile attached
>
> I guess we should just tell users to not rename the actual files.

Yeah, that makes sense. Would you submit a patch to the HTML text in
the templates that we show people?

http://openhatch.org/wiki/How_we_handle_patches

> *) Regarding http://openhatch.org/missions/diffpatch/patchrecursive/,
> couldn't the lizards and children have hats in their possession without
> wearing them? :D

That link 404s...

http://openhatch.org/missions/diffpatch/recursive_patch is the right link.

...good point! Honestly, we should adjust the text. Can you do that and
submit a patch?

See also http://openhatch.org/wiki/How_we_handle_patches fwiw!

(-:,