[Devel] On removing people from the "I want to help!" list if they are already a contributor

will kahn-greene willg at bluesock.org
Fri Feb 25 14:40:22 UTC 2011

If OpenHatch had a way to blast out an email to all the people listed as
"I want to help", then being a contributor and being listed is useful.

I think of the "I want to help" list as being there for people who want
to help and this is how they're reflecting their interest and also for
people who want to help a bunch of projects, but in a "sprint" fashion,
but not long-term commitment fashion.

For example, at some point I'd like to do a sprint on PyBlosxom stuff to
(finally) get version 1.5 out the door.  I'd send an email to the users
list, the developers list, and then it'd be nice to blast out an email
to all the "I want to help" people.  The latter catches the people who
aren't regular contributors to the project and thus aren't on the
mailing lists, but are interested in doing sprints from time to time.

Is that a valid use case (knowing I can't currently blast out an email
to all the people who want to help)?  If so, then I think we should keep
it as is.