[Devel] Design for git mission - comments or edits?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Feb 16 19:51:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Krzysztof Tarnowski wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> The mission's design is well though out and required only minimal
> language adjustments. Good work!
>
> I propose that we name it 'Basic Git' (or similar), so we can later
> create additional Git mission(s) (called, let's say, 'Advanced Git')
> which covers branching, merging and rebasing.

Krzysztof, I think this is a good idea.

Mark, I think that the curriculum you have is quite reasonable in terms of
what people learn. Maybe it would be useful to mirror the Subversion
mission -- our robot could apply the patch to the repo that the user sees,
and then we ask the user to update his/her repository and show us that
they can "git pull --rebase" properly.

Plot-wise, I also see the Subversion mission as the gold standard for now:
https://openhatch.org/missions/svn

I will see if I can spruce up the back-story and add that last step.

Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.