[Devel] Anyone want to try writing the release notes?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Feb 8 05:25:13 UTC 2011

We had a bunch of cool stuff go into the release that we did in January,
but we never published a blog post. Oops.

So, if you want to write them, that would be a huge help. (Mark, maybe you
do, as a way of getting refreshed on what we've been up to?)

Some tips for writing them:

* Read the last release announcement:
https://openhatch.org/blog/2010/our-first-release/

* Read my note from a week ago on [Devel]:
http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/001739.html

* Take a look in that email and look at the list of tickets that were
closed in 0.11.01.

* Start putting together some text.

If you want to write "in public" so others can help you as you go and see
what you're writing, you could make an etherpad document by going to
http://openetherpad.org/.

I would actually be very very happy if someone else wanted to give this a
start and ask me for feedback on your draft. If no one does, I will take a
look at it starting mid-day Wednesday. I would totally review +
publish to the blog someone else's writing on Tuesday, though. (-:

Don't feed the bats tonight.