[OH-Dev] [issue646] When a user hits a HTTP 504 gateway timeout, we should send an alert

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Dec 21 01:58:15 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

Right now, users sometimes hit HTTP 504 Gateway Timeout on pages that take too
long to load.

The administrators don't have an easy way to detect this. This ticket will track
that problem until it is fixed. (Suggestions welcome.)

The architecture, fwiw, is that nginx is a front-end to Apache. nginx would
probably store 504 in its log.

assignedto: paulproteus
keyword: monitoring
messages: 2830
milestone: 0.11.12
nosy: paulproteus
priority: critical
status: chatting
title: When a user hits a HTTP 504 gateway timeout, we should send an alert