[OH-Dev] [issue634] We should remove bite_size_tag_name (and its typo version, bize_size_tag_name)

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Dec 4 22:10:02 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

mysite/search/models.py has the "Bug" model, which has an attribute called
* bize_size_tag_name

This atttribute is unused, and actually its name is a typo. In >2 years of the
code existing, no one has even noticed it is a typo because it is so unused.

It was originally dreamed-up that we would let a project store what name it uses
to identify bugs as good for newcomers (KDE calls them "Junior jobs", and
Python.org calls them "easy"). However, we are actually not using the field for
anything.

We should:

* Remove all reference to it from search/models.py
* Add a migration that updates the database in a corresponding fashion
* Remove references to bite_size_tag_name from other parts of the code
* Make sure the tests pass.

This is a fairly easy ticket, but because it requires writing a migration, it is
slightly more difficult than a truly "bitesized" issue.

(https://openhatch.org/wiki/Adding_a_field_to_the_profile has information on how
to add a migration.)

messages: 2779
nosy: paulproteus
priority: feature
status: unread
title: We should remove bite_size_tag_name (and its typo version, bize_size_tag_name)