[OH-Dev] [issue632] Tar mission entirely broken

aldeka bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Dec 2 08:14:36 UTC 2011

New submission from aldeka <karen at openhatch.org>:

I tested out the tar mission on the live site as part of my pedagogy audit. Every step of the mission
was broken, on my Mac at least. I'll have to try to duplicate on Linux later...

1. I downloaded the provided tarball and attempted to open it from the command line. No matter
what I tried, the command line tar utility gave me a "This does not look like a tar archive" error.
Even renaming the file didn't help. I eventually double-clicked the tarball using the GUI and was
able to unpackage the tarball that way, but that's just silly.

2. I tried to upload ghello.c. Hitting the upload button apparently did nothing -- the page simply
reloaded/reset. Either something was wrong with my file (in which case, the lack of any error
message at all is a big problem), or the uploader is just completely busted.

3. I tried to upload myproject-0.1.tar.gz as part of the second half of the mission. It also failed to
upload, the same way as ghello.c before it.

Pedagogy audit FAIL.

messages: 2755
nosy: aldeka, paulproteus
priority: critical