[Ccsf-campus-staff] CCSF OSCTC Google Hangout -- Fri evening, Sat or Sun afternoon/evening, or Mon evening...

Katherine Moloney kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu
Thu Sep 4 00:34:32 UTC 2014

Let's have a conference call with the following:

CCSF organizers (Tyler, Kevin, Katherine, Maribel)
Asheesh & Shauna
Jennie

...I'm not available this evening or tomorrow, but Friday night, Sat or Sun
afternoon/evening, or Mon evening work for me.

We're in good shape:

   - Mentors
      - Asheesh (one of the OpenHatch founders) is coming -- yay!
      - Jennie has secured some Mozilla folks
      - Tyler's having some success
      -
      - Let's keep going, as the best mentor/student ratio we can get will
      make all the difference
   - Registration forms
      - all registration forms are live, so use them
      - Sam Bowne was having a problem because there is a sneaky checkbox
      on Google Forms asking if the form should only be visible to folks with
      CCSF emails -- @mail.ccsf.edu or @ccsf.edu -- I unset this, so now
      anyone can see the registration forms.
   - FYI (for Asheeh mostly)
      - I'm not attending the workshop since I had already scheduled a
      similar event for Women Who Code SF prior to scheduling this workshop:
      http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-SF/events/195850762/
      - The innovation of this go-round is that we're splitting the
      attendees into 'learning-to-contribute' and 'ready-to-contribute'
      ...basically that the 'ready' group will start the contribution workshop
      first thing in the morning while the 'learning' will go thru the tutorials
         - Asheesh will lead the 'learning' group with at least 2 TAs
         ('mentor assistants') to help, and probably more depending on what
         percentage of attendees self-select into the 'learning' category

I just got several days worth of ccsf-campus-staff at lists.openhatch.org
emails this afternoon -- so I haven't been ignoring anyone, I promise -- so
let's email each other directly & CC the
ccsf-campus-staff at lists.openhatch.org email so we have a record for when we
run this workshop next semester!

When is everyone available to talk?  Send all your availability, order of
preference if you have any, and then we'll pick a time that works for all.

Talk soon,

Katherine

p.s. I need to recruit for the other meetup as I'm organizing that by
myself, so my involvement may be spotty leading up to this one.