[Ccsf-campus-staff] CCSF OSCTC Status Update

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:50:08 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

Sorry for the difficulties with communication over the last couple of
weeks.  The OpenHatch mailman instance got blocked, and a ton of emails
were eaten.  Please feel free to re-send questions if they've gotten missed.

> The CCSF workshop is in a good shape, but needs to:
>
>     + recruit mentors
> > related: haven't heard back from Asheesh, so I assume he is unavailable
> to mentor at this workshop --> Shauna, could you find this out?

Asheesh will be attending.  We can recruit more mentors as well, although I
think we'll inevitably accidentally ask folks who are already helping at
the Women Who Code event.  How many mentors are we looking for?

We'll definitely get additional mentors from Mozilla and maybe also from
PeerLibrary.

>     + find & link to written step-by-step Communication Tools curriculum
> for the students to follow along with the day of the workshop --> without
> written step-by-step curriculum, the students quickly fall behind & the
> mentors have a hard time catching them up, and even knowing where everyone
> should be  --> plus we'll need to share this with the mentor who will be
> leading the session

Will this be useful for folks to follow along with (
http://example-osctc-site.github.io/curriculum/) or should we also get a
printed version?