[Ccsf-campus-staff] how did the event go?

Katherine Moloney kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:03:01 UTC 2014

Just for context, I asked Maria to touch upon her journey into open source
that she described here:

http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/66509721444/dont-try-to-understand-the-whole-thing
http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/67473860470/hacker-school-weeks-6-7-retrospective
(Contributing
to Parsoid)
http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/71338780796/my-opw-internship-getting-started
http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/73515099315/meeting-my-mentor
http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/74985090833/coding-by-consensus
http://mariapacana.tumblr.com/post/78260425415/the-never-ending-patch

...as part of handling this section:

https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC/Tools

...for me, how to use irc and git/GitHub seemed to be handled elsewhere
naturally, so I was hoping that this section ("Communication Tools") would
focus on discovering projects, reading thru their materials, and then get
into which communication channels for which types of communication.

I'd love to see a training module added on how to log irc conversations (I
guess this is called an 'irc bouncer') for catching up with what happened
when you are not online -- see next message which I am forwarding for that
conversation.

Regards,

Katherine