[Ccsf-campus-staff] Building something larger than a single day OSS workshop...

Katherine Moloney kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu
Fri Jun 14 00:11:14 UTC 2013

Does OpenHatch have a Google Summer of Code volunteer working on the
training missions?

In thinking about future events, I was thinking about the possibility of
organizing a or a few hack sessions to help expand the Training Missions.
We're happy to take direction, so your GSoC volunteer or other volunteer
can give us the list of what you'd like to flesh out in the training
missions.

We have a standing meeting on Thursday nights, and so I give everyone the
option to come the week or two after the workshop and continue working.

Your thoughts?

Katherine

p.s. Also, looking at how to teach in the fall what you'll be teaching us
on 6/29.  My new favorite thing is the default QuickTime Player installed
on Macs with a USB headset mic:
http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_record_your_screen_quicktime_player

...it immediately creates a .MOV file, no editing necessary.  Super great
for seeing all sorts of command line trickery with the accompanying
voice-over.  Dead easy.  Fairly small.  Can immediately be posted to
YouTube.

If presenters have Macs (or would be willing to demo on Macs), we could
make these recordings & create a playlist on our YouTube account.