[Campus-uw-staff] countdown to the workshop

Benj. Mako Hill makohill at uw.edu
Thu Nov 13 04:52:32 UTC 2014

<quote who="Shauna Gordon-McKeon" date="Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:48:27PM -0500">
> Misunderstood (or forgot) the room size.  If we want 60 people total,
> that's 45 students.  That said, 48 sign-ups is likely to give us 30-35
> actually attendees - our typical no-show rate is 30% - so I'm still going
> to make an effort to recruit a bit more.

The room is flexible. It has probably 60 chairs in it and we /can/ fit
more. I'd say with 80 people, folks would /fit/ but it would be rather
hard to move around. With 50-60, it should be really quite fine. :)

But if we're planning on a 30% no-show, there's no issue here.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
http://mako.cc/academic/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto