[Campus-uw-staff] introductions & beginning to plan

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Wed Aug 20 00:20:20 UTC 2014

<quote who="Benj. Mako Hill" date="Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 06:11:15PM -0700">
> <quote who="Shauna Gordon-McKeon" date="Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 02:32:24PM -0400">
> > Sounds great.  Thanks, Mako!  Let me know when that's confirmed, and I'll
> > add UW to the list of "confirmed events".
>
> I've put in the for the rooms. They will contact me if there is a
> problem but the space is availble so they probably won't.
>
> Let's add this to the confirmed events!

Hey guys, would it be possible to move this to the Sunday instead of
the Saturday?

I'm planning a series of three Community Data Science Workshops and
we're looking at doing this on three Saturdays in November (November
7, 15, 22). I think the timing might be really great.

It's a pretty different crowd we're working with here but if Shauna
was planning on coming out for this, it might be really nice to have
two in the same weekend. It might be a bit intense for those of us
doing both but I'd be down with it.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto