[Campus-uvic-staff] checking in

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:51:08 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Wanted to bump this up.  The next items on our to-do list are figure out
the budget, and prepare publicity.

Budget: the main cost of the event is food.  The typical cost is usually
between $200 and $600, depending on the number of attendees and the type of
food purchased (pizza vs sandwiches, for instance).  Is this something that
$X will be able to cover?  Food is the only cost of a typical event, though
in some cases we also try to provide reimbursements to mentors for gas or
public transportation tickets if they have to travel significantly to get
to the event.

Publicity: the first step when doing publicity is to create a publicity
website.  We have a template and instructions here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Logistics/Publicity_Website
Please let me know if you need help, I am happy to answer questions or pair
with you to accomplish this.  After we’ve got the website set up, we’ll
want to start sending out publicity emails.  For those, we have template
emails to customize and a spreadsheet to keep track of who is contacting
who.

best
Shauna