[Campus-uvic-staff] Open Hatch & Mozilla Tomorrow

Emma Irwin emma.irwin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:29:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

So this is the last email for tomorrow.

One question for organizers:  Is someone emailing students today, or may
I?  I want to include some optional pre-work in that email which is why I
ask.

Some quick notes.

1) The event will be in MacLaurin D211 , thanks to the donation of
Professor Val Irvine.   The lab tech responsible for this lab will also be
volunteering time in the AM to ensure all goes well.    All computers are
pre-loaded with Virtual Box, and a VM image created by Errietta of the
Webmaker code environment.  Which saves ten billion hours of time setting
up :)   If students prefer, they can work at a desk with their own
computer, but there are enough workstations to accommodate the numbers we
expect.

2)  Pizza lunch is provided for students and staff, we have permission to
eat in the lab but only at tables - if the weather is nice though we can go
outside.

3) This is the agenda
<http://www.49st.com/venue/university-of-victoria-maclaurin-d211#info>.

Mentors primarily will be needed to ensure all questions being asked, get
answered.  And there are numerous ways for that to happen, including an
emphasis on collaboration with other students sine we are short on
mentors.  We'll also have support on IRC beween the Open Hatch & Mozilla
channels.

Looking forward to it! Please let me know if you have any questions.