[Campus-uvic-staff] [Room] Open Hatch Comes to Campus

Emma Irwin emma.irwin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 22:52:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

So this sounds good.  I will be at MacLaurin D211 at 9AM to setup.  We also
have the lab tech - Perry there in the morning to make sure that all goes
smoothly.  For our contribution porition Errietta created a VM for
VirtualBox which Perry has pre-loaded the computers with.  This means
participants can begin hacking on code bases in an working environment
right away.  They'll still go through some of the OH cirriculum to learn
Git and IRC but, no one will 'get stuck'.   Of course participants can opt
to hack on their on computers, and I will provide environment setup
instructions as well as a link to the VM for those who want to go home and
keep going.

It will be awesome. I also have someone coming by from Open Data BC to talk
a bit about Open Data, just for another angle of learning that should tie
in nicely.

This is the current outline <http://MacLaurin D211 t>, but I'll add to this
probably more tomorrow - been very busy so definitely last minute sorry.
My cell again is 250.514.1710