[Campus-uconn-staff] mentors

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:06:40 UTC 2014

UConn Storrs appears to be too far away to convince our NYC mentors to
come. However I've taken a look around the university for mentors you might
find there.

Please contact as many of these people as seem reasonable.  If you'd like
me to take responsibility for contacting them, that's fine.

Do you know yet whether you'll be able to be at the event?  If not, who is
the person who is handling the in-person day-of logistics?

~ S

0) This person is (was?) organizing an open source workshop at UConn:
https://github.com/hsharrison
We should ask him if he wants to mentor, and also see if he knows folks who
want to mentor
(His workshop: https://github.com/hsharrison/open-source-science-workshop)

1) Have we reached out to the HuskyTech folks re:
publicizing/attending/mentoring?
http://huskytech.uconn.edu/

2) This person was doing open source advocacy at UConn a decade ago --
maybe he's still around and/or knows other folks interested in open source
at the school?
http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=libr_pubs

3) This economics prof wrote a paper on open source:
http://langlois.uconn.edu/
the paper: https://web2.uconn.edu/ciom/Open1C.pdf

4) Have we advertised the event to this group?
http://lc.uconn.edu/communities/wimse/

5) This person has published articles on open source publishing:
http://www.lib.uconn.edu/services/liaison/Kijas.html
http://scholarscollab.uconn.edu/tag/open-source-publishing/

6) UConn apparently uses an open source financial system, described here:
http://www.rsmart.com/news/university-of-connecticut-implements-kuali-financial-system-in-partnership-with-kuali-commercial-affiliate-rsmart/
Perhaps we can ask the people mention in the article (Charles Eaton -
http://controller.uconn.edu/ who oversees that and if they're interested in
talking about it at the event)