[Campus-purdue-staff] running an Open Source Comes to Campus event this semester

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:47:18 UTC 2015

Hi Eehita,

There's really a lot of flexibility for these events.  Most events are a
full day workshop, but we've done several shorter events successfully.  If
you're worried about not having the bandwidth to plan another big event in
addition to Boilercode (which sounds awesome, by the way!) you could do a
shorter, more informal event covering the basic "What is open source?"
stuff as well as perhaps the git/github tutorial.

We encourage schools to open up the event to neighboring schools,
especially if there's plenty of space for them, but that's up to you.

- Shauna