[Campus-purdue-staff] introductions

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:16:46 UTC 2014

Hi Lauren, Eehita, Mel and Elliott,

Just want to do a quick email introduction for all of you as you're the
first folks confirmed as mentors for our event on Nov 16th at Purdue
University.  We've got a bunch more people we're asking, so hopefully the
ranks will grow, but in the mean time, some intros:

- Lauren and Eehita are members of the Computer Science Women's Network
(CSWN) at Purdue.  CSWN is hosting the event, and Lauren and Eehita are
organizing it.  Lauren ran the first Open Source Comes to Campus event at
Purdue last year.

- Elliott Williams is a student at Purdue and a longtime OpenMRS volunteer
(<http://openmrs.org/>).  OpenMRS is an amazing project and I think it's
wonderful that Elliott will be around to help folks contribute to it.

- Mel Chua is a PhD student in engineering education and was one of our
fantastic mentors at last year's event.  Unfortunately she's in the heart
of her dissertation and may not be able to attend the event, but she's
going to try to come by the middle of the day.

Okay, that's all for now.  Let me know if you have any questions for me!

best,
Shauna