[Campus-purdue-staff] next steps

Lauren M Stuart lstuart at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 23 15:19:49 UTC 2014

Hi Shauna!

Funding -- CSWN is covering everything. We're a well-funded group this year. One thing we need to know ahead of time is if we're going to have mentors from out of town so that we can try to support their travel as well, sort of like how we did with you and Asheesh last year. We'll need to know that two weeks before the event so we can make sure we've got the right paperwork to make that work smoothly.

Publicity -- We'll handle the website. I tasked Eehita, with me as backup for any problems.

Mentors -- We're contacting the main student group we know (Purdue Linux Users Group, with a link to the mentor sign-up and a rough description of what a mentor could do) to fish for mentors there. It hadn't occurred to me to ask faculty. Should we cold-email or ask for referrals? Or both?

Lauren