[Campus-princeton-staff] Communications tools presentation

Lisha Ruan lruan at princeton.edu
Thu Nov 20 03:11:25 UTC 2014

Hi mentors,

We really need someone to give the communications tools presentation at the
open source workshop on Saturday. The presentation will be from 11 am - 12
pm. (Here's the schedule <https://openhatch.org/wiki/Princeton_schedule>
for the whole workshop.) The purpose of the presentation is to teach
students about communications tools used in open source: IRC, issue
trackers, mailing lists, and version control.

Lots of materials have been prepared for the presentation; we just need
someone to give it. There's a transcript
<https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC/Tools/transcript>, an outline
<https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC/Tools/Walkthrough>, a video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCH8nos97w> of the presentation being
given, and slides <http://goo.gl/ltN1nH>. The presentation includes several
interactive activities, so you don't have to talk for a whole hour. Also,
you don't have to memorize these prepared materials -- the purpose is just
to teach students about IRC, issue trackers, mailing lists, and version
control, so you can do that in any way you want. The materials are just
there to help.

Would any of you be willing to give the presentation? It would really be a
huge help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Lisha