[Campus-princeton-staff] mentoring details?

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:13:35 UTC 2014

Do either of you or Chris want to present either "what is open source?" or
"intro to open source communications tools?"  If no, then you don't need to
do anything to prepare.

With regard to the git section, it would be great if you could lead a small
group.  Are you interested in doing so?  To prepare for that, I would look
through the student guide and see if you have any questions about how the
activity works.

Are you interested in talking about open source careers?  If yes, you don't
need to prepare anything specific, but it might be useful to think about
how you'd describe what you do and the options that students have.

For the contributions workshop, you'll want to come up with a plan for how
to get students set up with the project.  Will you be willing to help
students get an AMP stack set up on their computers, or should they come
prepared with that?  Is there anything else they will need to contribute?
Then, if you could identify some tasks for them to work on.  They don't
need to be tasks that students can finish at the event - students are just
learning, and the workshop is only a few hours long - but it should be
something comprehensible to them, where they can make some progress.