[Campus-princeton-staff] Preparing Dreamwidth for Princeton Open Source Comes to Campus event

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sun Nov 24 05:34:35 UTC 2013

Hi MissKat,

I wanted to introduce you to the https://openhatch.org/wiki/First_Tasks
web page, and explain how students will be using it on Sun Nov 24 (today).

About the page: The point is that students at the event will be using it
to choose with projects to work on.

About the "tasks" I picked: These are bugs that seem not to require
running the Dreamwidth code. A related question, though -- how long does
it take to get a Dreamhack set up, in case someone wants to dive into a
more code-y bug?

What you have to do:

* Provide a 1-4 sentence "Description" of the project (if you don't write
something by 1:30 Eastern, I will, but I'd much prefer you write this)

* Show up on IRC ( #dreamwidth-dev and preferably also #openhatch )  to
greet people, starting at 2 PM to sync up with me/organizers, and 2:15 PM
which is when projects time actually begins.

* Mega bonus points: Write a little more about what steps someone would
follow to solve each of those bugs, either on the Bugzilla ticket, or on
this wiki page.

That link again: https://openhatch.org/wiki/First_Tasks#Dreamwidth

Let me know if you run into any surprises etc.

Thank you so much for volunteering for this, MissKat!

-- Asheesh.