[Campus-princeton-staff] For mentors (please read): leading Git practice and career panel

Lisha Ruan lruan at princeton.edu
Sat Nov 23 20:50:13 UTC 2013

Hi mentors,

We still need more people to lead groups during Git practice! If you can
lead a group, please tell me your GitHub handle. You can see what the
students will be doing
here<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Students>and
there are tips for leading a group
here<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Instructors>.
We really appreciate it.

Sumana, you'll use the organization princeton-1. Thanks for joining our
career panel. We don't have a planned advanced lesson, so it'll involve
answering questions and showing them how to do something cool that they
don't know, like merging or editing .gitconfig/.gitignore files. Our
advanced students have used Git before, but probably won't be experts.

Katerina, you'll use the organization princeton-2, and thanks for joining
our career panel!

Alex, you'll use the organization princeton-3. It's all right that you
can't be on the career panel, thanks for letting us know!

Best,
Lisha