[Campus-portland-staff] Talking about a future Open Source Comes to Campus event

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sat Feb 23 17:00:21 UTC 2013

(Resending to the right PSU ACM officers email address this time.)

Hey lovely PSU ACM folks,

I had the pleasure of talking with Damon on the phone! I thought I'd send
a quick note here.

There were a few things we talked about:

* Any of you PSU ACM officers, we'd love to get you on the planning mailing
list for the event:

* We discussed how Saturday events can be tough, due to many students being
commuters.

* I mentioned that I'd share a tentative schedule, and here it is --
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZLmwmF1r8V2kDffV-hNNxZV8Ql-HYeXWf6eCKqfsuQ/

* Students have a wide variety of command line expertise, so it'd be important
to have that be part of a workshop we run.

The subject line says "future" event because I think that we're not prepared
enough at this point commit to a "yes", and I think it's better to commit to a
great event rather than travel to run one that disappoints. That's a
change since the phone call, having looked into our side of things more --
sorry to be a flip-flopper.

It seems to me the best time to set an event up would be the fall semester. Do
you folks have a set of dates that might work on your end? (I'm also keeping
the existing team in the loop by CC:ing the mailing list.)

Cheers,

-- Asheesh.