[Campus-portland-staff] website's up

Candace Cheney ccheney at pdx.edu
Wed Feb 20 07:04:33 UTC 2013

Shauna,

I can do the publicity part. I have already started a document, and will
share it with you. As soon as we get confirmations that we can go ahead,
I'll start sending out emails and putting your flyer around campus. We
should get a pretty big attendance level, I'm sure of it.

Candace

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Candace,
>
> Just following up to make sure you got this.
>
> The event is coming up soon, so we want to keep in mind the following
> deadlines:
>
> - Finishing the site: this mostly means answering the questions in my
> previous email.  We should get this done by the end of the day tomorrow.
>
> - Publicity emails: let's aim to send these out Thursday night.  Asheesh
> and I are happy to handle this if you are busy.  Either way, let's create a
> shared document which lists the groups contacted and whether or not they
> sent out our publicity email.
>
> - Publicity flyer: We will be designing one within the next few days.  If
> you'll be able to flyer around campus sometime within the next week, that
> would be great.
>
> - Staffing:  Asheesh is going to work on getting staff.  We should
> hopefully have enough confirmations by Thursday night that we can go ahead
> with the publicity.  We will handle this, but if you have people you think
> would like to volunteer, feel free to forward their names and/or contact
> info to this list.
>
> ~ Shauna
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> By here:
>>
>> I mean here: http://pdx.openhatch.org/
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Candace,
>>>
>>> The website is up, complete with sign up form.  You can see it here:
>>>
>>> A few questions to finish it off:
>>> -- How, if at all, would you/CAT like to be credited in the about
>>> section?  (see: http://pdx.openhatch.org/about/)
>>> -- How does the schedule listed here fit in with your expectations?
>>> It's sort of purposefully vague for now.  (see:
>>> http://pdx.openhatch.org/schedule/)  As a heads up, we also made some
>>> changes in the detailed schedule (
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZLmwmF1r8V2kDffV-hNNxZV8Ql-HYeXWf6eCKqfsuQ/edit).
>>> Mostly to put the career panel before lunch.  It's nice for attendees to be
>>> able to follow up the career panel with socializing over food.
>>> -- Do we want to limit attendance to PDX students?  Our inclination is
>>> not to - to make the event open to all.  We can keep track of who is from
>>> PDX and who is not on the sign up form and preferentially admit PDX
>>> students.  If that sounds good to you, let me know and I will alter the
>>> form to add a question to get that info.
>>> -- What is the location we'll be using?
>>>
>>> As a side note, I don't think we talked about what we need in a
>>> location.  We're looking for:
>>>   - ideally a place with two distinct rooms, one for
>>> food/socializing/advanced tutorials if folks are interested, and one for
>>> the main event
>>>   - somewhere with equipment to project tutorials, and a decent number
>>> of outlets (though we can make do with tangled webs of power cords)

> [...]

"Don't aim at success - the more you aim at it and make it a target, the
more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be
pursued; it must ensue... as the unintended side-effect of one's personal
dedication to a course greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's
surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the
same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it.
...success will follow you precisely because you had forgotten to think of
it." Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS EMAIL OR ASSOCIATED ATTACHMENTS WITHOUT EXPRESS
PERMISSION FROM ORIGINATING AUTHOR. CONTENT MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBJECT
TO COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS. THANK YOU.