[Campus-neiu-staff] Running an Open Source Comes to Campus Event at NEIU

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 18:01:41 UTC 2014

Meg's right - it is a bit involved to explain over email.  I'm also happy
to arrange a meeting over something like google hangouts to discuss it that
way.

Rachel - we're happy to do it on a Sunday, we've done these events on
Sundays many times.

re: sign-ups: we usually create a publicity site with an embedded google
form that students can use to sign up.  (Here's the most recent example:
http://arizona.openhatch.org/)

We've had a couple past events get canceled because we waited too long to
book a room, so we generally like to do that first (and not wait to see how
many people show up).  If you can book one room, with the plan to change to
another if needed/possible based on sign-ups, that's fine by me, but we
want to know we definitely have a space.