[Campus-neiu-staff] hope everything went well!

meg ford meg387 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 23:24:47 UTC 2014

Hi Shauna,

I think the workshop went very well overall. Students responded really well
to the git activities, although the Ruby aspect of the tutorial was
confusing to a lot of them. Regarding the contributions workshop, many of
the students had a hard time jumping in because they only knew Java, so I
think it would be helpful if we asked students what languages they were
familiar with when they signed up. Because we didn't use github for the git
section, there was a lot of setup required for them to get started with the
contributions section. The students seemed to feel like they had learned a
lot, though, and overall I think it was a success. We had a really diverse
crowd and a lot of attendees. It's finals week, though, so some students
needed to leave early.

Meg