[Campus-neiu-staff] A few last minute things

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:21:54 UTC 2014

> 1) Do we still need floating mentors for contributions workshop?

My understanding is that there are a couple of people on this list who can
help as mentors who haven't put their names there. For instance, Francisco
and Rachel.  There should be at least one person.  If there is not a single
floating mentor, then it is important for the small groups leaders to, from
time to time, take a quick survey of the room and see if anyone needs help.
 If they do, invite them over to your small group so they can get help from
you while you are still with your group.

> 3) Which Jim is introducing the Git activity and assigning groups (we have
> two Jims)?

I believe that's Jim Campbell.

> 4) Who is officially moderating the career panel?

Sheila is.  The career panel will be Zach and Paul in person, and Sean Lip
remotely.  We should make sure the room has audio as well as video so that
people can hear Sean talk.

> 5) We still need someone to take pictures.

It's my understanding that several people are willing to take pictures.
 What we'd like is someone to bring a nicer camera than a phone camera, if
they have it.

> Please take the time to review the Day-of-Responsibilities sheet and
> correct anything that you see fit. Also, I put my phone number in the
> contacts section on top of the page if anyone needs to contact me directly.
> I will try to fill in for any other needs we may have. Add yours if you
> desire. If you don't have access to this sheet, let Shauna know. Shauna, I
> don't know if this sheet is in the Google Drive folder, could you put it
> there if not?

The sheet is in the google drive folder.  I've put my contact info up there
and also Asheesh's.  I will be simultaneously running an event at MIT, so
contact Asheesh if it's something you think anyone at OpenHatch can answer,
or if it's a technical question.  You can still text or email me and I will
try to respond, but my latency will be something like 10-20 minutes
depending on what I'm doing at the other event.  (In past events, I've been
contacted 0-2 times by local organizers, so I'm hoping this won't be an
issue or that Asheesh will be able to manage whatever you need.)

> Shauna, do we have a sign-in sheet template? If not I will make one with a
> "has laptop" field so we will know right from the beginning when people
> show up, who has a laptop and who does not.

No, we don't have a template!  That's a great idea.  Can you add it to this
repo (
https://github.com/openhatch/open-source-comes-to-campus/tree/master/publicity/flyers)
whenever you get the chance, so we can use it for future events?