[Campus-morris-staff] suggestions for projects?

Jim Hall jhall at morris.umn.edu
Sat Sep 6 21:57:42 UTC 2014

I'm also identifying some FreeDOS Wiki <http://www.freedos.org/wiki/>
cleanup projects, which would also be good for the 2-3 people with possibly
no programming background. The FreeDOS website has a bunch of Technical
Notes that were originally saved from emails directly into text files. I
prefer to move these into the FreeDOS Wiki where they can be more useful.
The Technical Notes will need to be wiki-ized (i.e. editing, so they are
short articles instead of long emails).

I'd be happy to work with anyone interested in this documentation effort.

This is a longer-term project that we happen to be starting on the FreeDOS
Project right now. There are 327 Technical Notes, but not all of them will
make it into the FreeDOS Wiki. For each Technical Note, we'll need to read
through the note, see if there's a topic about it already in the wiki - if
not, we might create one based on the Technical Note. This effort will take
weeks, if not months, so I'm not expecting this to get completed during the
event. But it might interest some folks.

jh